Who we are
ren ( 仁 ): The Confucian virtue denoting the quality of being altruistic
Ren is on a mission to help people strengthen and leverage relationships to achieve their goals and create more value. We're an early-stage startup with hubs in New York and Zurich. We raised a $5m Seed round from an incredible group of founders, leaders, and investors.
Using cutting-edge Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning technology, Ren helps leaders, deal-makers, and chiefs of staff stay on top of important moments in their networks, and makes it fast, easy, and personal to reach out with the right context.
About the RoleAs a full-stack/backend/SRE engineer with a user-centric focus, you will be reporting directly to the CTO and working in a small team of machine learning experts, designers, full-stack frontend, backend, and iOS developers. You'll be responsible for various parts of the product, with a focus on the backend and infrastructure.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
What You Bring
- You’re an excellent communicator (English written and spoken) and an independent builder that thrives in fast-growing distributed work settings.
- You’ve built, managed, and scaled backends from scratch to production deployments.
- You are familiar with or willing to learn our stack: Python/Fastapi, Terraform, Ansible, Linux, Docker, Postgres, Celery, Gitlab, Jenkins, ElasticSearch.
- Your core focus is backend, but you have full-stack experience, from DevOps to UI.
- Bonus: Experience with CI/CD tools
- Bonus: Experience with AWS
- Bonus: Experience with web development (TS/next.js, React)
- Bonus: Experience with iOS development (ReactNative, Swift)
- Bonus: Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Bonus: You have contributed to open source projects.
What we offer
- Our values guide how we work together and treat each other. Read about our Vision, Mission, and Values and tell us about your favorite value in your application.
- We’re a distributed team with hubs in New York and Zurich. We regularly meet in our hubs and some of the coolest places in the world.
- We help you set up your home office and offer co-working memberships in your area. We value freedom and flexibility to work from wherever we want and set our own schedule.
- We care about your health & wellness and offer generous vacation policy and additional perks to make your work & life at Ren exceptional.